Today I make a very simple cake with the ingredients that are trending in my kitchen lately, that is, dates and nuts.
For the decoration I use fresh red berries and a cocoa-avocado mousse that you can find here with a click.
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 175°C.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper over hanging the sides for easy removal. The base of mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm.
- Place half of the medjool dates and the banana into your processor.
- Pulse until smooth and well combined.
- Add the remaining dates and the walnuts.
- Quickly pulse to roughly chop the dates and walnuts.
- Add the almond meal and combine.
- Add the almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla and salt, combine.
- Add the the eggs, combine.
- Add the baking powder, gentle combine and spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Smooth over the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 35 minutes, cover with foil and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly in the tin.
- Gently place the loaf onto a cooling rack and allow to cool a little prior to cutting.
- Serve and enjoy.