Ingredients for the tomato sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½-1 fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil, leaves picked
- 400 g good-quality tinned chopped tomatoes
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and add a good few drops of olive oil.
- When the oil’s hot, add the garlic, onion and chilli and fry until lightly coloured.
- Drop in most of the basil – stand back as it will crackle and spit in the oil – and then, after a few seconds, add the tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- You’ll end up with a chunky sauce – if you like it smoother, pass the sauce through a coarse sieve.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm.
- 500 gr. penne rigate
- 250 gr. tomato sauce
- 15 meatballs (Click here to see my favorite recipe for swedish meatballs)
- 300 gr. grated parmesan
- Boil the penne rigate in a large pot with salted water.
- It needs to be al dente because cooking will continue in the pan.
- Transfer them to the pan of the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into individual tins, add some meatballs and then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 ° C in a preheated oven.
Serve With Love
Δοκίμασε τη συνταγή μου, ανέβασε φωτογραφία με hashtag #coolartisan και εγώ θα την κάνω repost εδώ