Today’s cake has whole pears placed in the cake, after boiling them, and they make it extra juicy!
- VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE ALMOND AND CRANBERRIES CAKE
- GLUTEN FREE VEGAN CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CAKE
- LEMON POPPY SEED (VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE) CAKE
- 3 pears, peeled*
- 220 gr gluten free flour
- 200 gr sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 140 ml soy milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 10 ml vanilla extract
- 80 ml olive oil, or other vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) white vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, baking soda and salt and mix together.
- Add the soy milk, vanilla, olive oil and vinegar and whisk it in.
- Grease a cake pan with coconut oil and add the 1/4 of the mixture in it.
- Carefully place pears in.
- Add the remaining mixture
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and using a toothpick, insert into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean then your cake is done.
- Move to a cooling rack to cool completely.