Hummus with a twist, made with spicy red lentils, gets a new culinary interest and makes us want to include it in our menu right here, right now!
- BEETROOT AND COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE
- VEGAN SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
- VEGAN CHICKPEAS AND SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI (GLUTEN FREE)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of dried red lentils
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- ½ of a teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the water to boil. Then add the lentils and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed by the lentils, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the lentils and the rest of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Spoon the hummus into a bowl and sprinkle with some more smoked paprika if desired and serve.