This is a special recipe for healthy chickpeas with paprika and mushrooms. It’s ideal when you want to extra-pamper yourself or your lovely ones with a spicy dish. Accompany with some slices of fresh, wholegrain bread and a glass of white wine!
- BEETROOT AND COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE
- VEGAN SPINACH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
- VEGAN CHICKPEAS AND SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI (GLUTEN FREE)
- 250 g chickpeas
- 500 g Pleurotus mushrooms
- 1 onion cut into small cubes
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, thinly cut
- ½ of a teaspoon paprika (sweet or smoked)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Choose peeled chickpeas and put them in a bowl with cold water overnight.
- Next morning rinse them properly and put them in a pan with cold water.
- Remove them from the pot and sieve them.
- Fill the pot with boiling water (from a kettle or a pot that boils at the same time).
- Put again the chickpeas to the hot water and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Cut the mushrooms to medium pieces.
- Put a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil to the pan and then the onions and the garlic.
- When they have turned golden brown, add the mushrooms.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and the chickpeas and simmer for 20-30 minutes.