We start preparing for the Christmas table with a super, full of chocolate sweet! A millefeuille different from everything else, that is set up in the glass and suits perfectly in a buffet. You can even serve it in soup dish for a most striking presentation!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- icing sugar
- cocoa for sprinkling
- 4 yolks
- 125 gr. sugar
- 100 gr milk
- 150 gr chocolate chopped, 70% cocoa
- 2 pinches salt
- 200 gr heavy cream 35% fat, very cold
- We start first by laying a greaseproof paper on a baking sheet. Apply the puff pastry on top. With a fork, prick all over and bake in a preheated oven at 220ºC, in the air, for 10'-15 ' to inflate a little.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and invert with the help of the greaseproof paper. With a pan press down the pastry across the surface to deflate, remove and throw away the greaseproof paper.
- Lower the oven to 170ºC and continue to bake for about 20' until golden and baked well. Once baked, sprinkle with a little icing sugar and leave it in the oven for a few minutes to caramelize. Let it cool down well.
- With a sharp knife, cut the puff past into small pieces.
- Put some cream on plate to fix the millefeuille. Apply one piece of puff pastry. We alternate between the two creams, with the two confectionery bags. Cover with the other sheet of baked puff pastry and repeat.
- Beat the yolks with sugar and salt with wire or hand mix to whiten. Heat the milk in a saucepan, when it is warm slowly pour it into the eggs, while continuing stirring. Stir well to dilute the mixture. Leave on low heat, stirring constantly with a whisk until the cream thickens. It should not be boiling / blistering.
- Put the chopped chocolate in a bowl. Pour in the egg cream. Stir with wire to homogenise and melt completely. Let cool. Beat the cold heavy cream with a mixer in a thick form. The texture must be like yogurt. Add it to chocolate and gently fold to homogenize the chocolate cream. Put it in a confectionery bag and let it in the refrigerator.
- We take glasses and put the cut puff pastry on the base. Then add the chocolate and finally garnish with pieces of broken puff pastry.
- Sprinkle with cocoa and serve