Brunch without waffles is not possible! This is the easiest way to realize that vegan – gluten free recipes are tastier (and easier) than traditional recipes! Today I use banana and oats processed in the blender like flour.
IngredientsFor the banana waffles:
- 150 gr. oats, processed in the blender
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 300ml almond milk (or other non-dairy product)
- 2 ripe bananas (~200gr)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sliced banana
- maple syrup
- Put your waffle iron on to begin heating up.
- Sift your oats' flour into a mixing bowl and add the baking powder and salt.
- Add the bananas and almond milk (or other non-dairy product) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour this blended mix into the mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract and using a hand whisk, quickly whisk to remove any lumps.
- When your waffle iron is hot enough, pour out enough batter (usually around 1/3 cup per waffle) to cover the waffle iron.
- Bake for around 8 minutes or until very golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with whipped maple syrup and sliced banana.