A vegan recipe ideal for chocolate munchies and the best companion of your afternoon coffee.
- 280 g. dark chocolate, 70% cacao content or higher
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra white and dark chocolate for coating
- Start by cutting the chocolate into small pieces.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a medium bowl and set it aside.
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- Then, pour the coconut milk over the chocolate and coconut oil, and stir ever-so-gently with a rubber spatula to combine. Don’t mix vigorously or the chocolate will get grainy.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir to incorporate.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a sealed container and chill in the fridge until solid (at least 4 hours).
- Using a small melon baller or disher, scoop out balls of chocolate.
- Roll each ball of chocolate between your palms to form a smooth ball.
- Coat each truffle in dark or white chocolate and keep in an airtight container for a week in the fridge, or about three months in the freezer.