This vegan recipe that could have been part of a burger’s house menu is the food equivalent of banana split; Hot potatoes, firstly boiled then baked in the oven, are split in halves and are stuffed with sauté mushrooms and vegan cheddar melt!
Click here to learn how to make vegan cheddar melt!
- HASSELBACK POTATOES RECIPE
- HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT HEALTHY OVEN ROASTED POTATOES!
- POTATOES AND RED PEPPERS TART
IngredientsFor the mushrooms
- 500 g mushrooms
- 30 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (smashed)
- 2 sprig of thyme (leaves only)
- Zest and juice of half of a lemon
- 1 shot of wine
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
- Coarse salt
- Baking foil
- Spring onion for decorating
InstructionsFor the mushrooms
- Clean the mushrooms and thinly slice them.
- Heat the olive oil inside a large non-stick pan.
- Add the mushrooms and the garlic.
- When they have shrunk, cool them down using the wine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Wash properly the potatoes using the green side of a dish washing sponge.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add coarse salt.
- Add the potatoes and cook them for 20 minutes.
- Remove them from the pot, wipe them with a clean kitchen towel and wrap them with baking foil.
- Bake them for 30 minutes at the oven.
- Remove them from the oven and slice them at halves.
- Stuff every potato with vegan cheddar melt and sauté mushrooms.
- Season with 2-3 thin slices of spring onion and serve.