Today I decided to deconstruct the classic pesto spaghetti recipe (… it is that type of guy I am) creating a new version that fits more to an appetizer or even to a party. It is served cold, like the pasta salad using in this case icing instead of dressing.
IngredientsIngredients for the spaghetti muffins
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 large free-range eggs
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g Parmesan
- 100 g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 zucchinis, in thin slices
- 2 red peppers finely chopped
- 200 g spaghetti, just-cooked
- 1 knob butter
- 400 g cream cheese
- 150 g basil pesto
InstructionsDirections for the spaghetti muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl beat the cream and eggs with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the grated cheddar and parmesan cheese, the zucchinis, red peppers and the cooked spaghetti.
- Gently stir to mix well.
- Melt the butter and grease a muffin pan.
- Swirl it around so the base of the pan is nicely coated.
- Slowly pour in the spaghetti mixture and shake the pan to even the mixture out.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes until it starts to crisp on top.
- Remove and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Cool before serving
- Mix gently the two ingredients in a large bowl
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag
- Allow it to stand in the refrigerator for at least one hou
- Garnish the cupcakes after they get to room temperature