Fasting is a good reason to watch our diet and learn how to choose from the supermarket shelf all those products that will make our body happy.
Especially with the “bikini season” upon us it is good to put in our daily life eating habits that will bring change in both, our body and psychology, that will give us energy and will “erase” the feeling of weakness. A recipe that helps me a lot is the quinoa burgers that I always combine with a brave portion of rice and vegetables
For burgers, I use Quinoa Fytro, a herbal product of high nutritional value and one of the most valuable allies you can have during fasting or when you are dieting. It is synonymous with a balanced diet and can be a valuable aid to all those who are trying to pursue a healthy lifestyle.
It provides multiple benefits to the body because it contains Magnesium, Manganese and Phosphorus that help maintain normal bone status and physiological function of metabolic processes designed to produce energy. It also contains Folic Acid and Biotin, which help in good psychological condition.
I accompany it with a good source of carbohydrate to have energy that is no other than Fytro Wholegrain Rice. It contains Manganese and Phosphorus, which help maintain normal bone status and physiological function of metabolic processes designed to produce energy, within a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
IngredientsFor quinoa burgers:
- 170 g White Quinoa FYTRO (i.e. about 1 cup)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 100 gr chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 50 gr breadcrumbs
- 1 white onion
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon ginger, powdered
- 1 teaspoon garlic, powdered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon zest
- Cayenne pepper (at will)
- 2 tbl. extra virgin olive oil, for sautéing
- 1/2 box Fytro wholegrain rice
- 1 medium leek, cut into rings
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 Florina pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 green horned pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- half a lemon, juice
- Salt & Pepper
InstructionsFor burgers with quinoa:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- In a pot with lid we put the quinoa and twice as much water. Bring to boil, cover with lid and lower the heat.
- Leave for 20 minutes and then remove from the heat, remove the lid, mix lightly and cover with a clean cotton towel.
- In the meantime, put the sweet potatoes in a pan and bake until it is softened for 20 minutes. Let the sweet potato cool, peel it and put it in a blender.
- Add the chickpeas and other ingredients to the mixer and beat until homogenized. The mixture does not need to be completely homogeneous.
- Then place the quinoa and the other mixture into a bowl and stir with a spatula until the quinoa is incorporated into our mixture.
- Bake the burgers and optionally leave them in the refrigerator for 2 hours to bind.
- Place a pan on medium heat for one minute and pour ½ tbsp. olive oil, stirring carefully to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Sauté them for 5-7 minutes from each side. We only want to get color, not cook completely.
- Serve them warm.
- Boil Fytro wholegrain rice according to the instructions of the box.
- In a non-stick pan, add the olive oil and sauté the dried onion with leek and fresh onions.
- Once cooked add the peppers and sun dried tomatoes.
- Add Fytro wholegrain rice and mix.
- Try and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Cut avocados into slices and add lemon juice to avoid blackening.
- Serve the rice with the Fytro Quinoa burgers, and decorate each dish with slices of avocado.