Who could have imagined that the chickpeas will be trending in the 2018 menus? A raw material that we love so much in our country escapes the narrow context of the ”revithada”, it goes beyond its role in the favorite hummus and it takes on a new role, a role in pastry!
This is a general trend in changing the roles and characters of common raw materials and incorporating them into recipes that you could not have suspected. For example, avocados are used to give body to cheesecake or chocolate mousse while the chick comes into salted parmesan cookies, tart pastry!
- 200 gr chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey (if you are vegan prefer maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons tahini with cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the chickpeas overnight in water to soak.
- The next day, boil them until they are soft and then strain well.
- Rinse them with running water from the tap.
- In a blender, blend all the ingredients until we have a very smooth and homogeneous blend.
- Keep in the fridge