Today I mix the classic recipe of pesto with avocado and instead of the “classic” pine nut I use pumpkin seed!
- 2 ripe avocados (250 g)
- 1 bunch basil
- 50 gr pumpkin seeds
- 50 gr parmesan cheese
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 - 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 serving of pasta of your choice
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 small mozzarella
- a few drops of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- Put all the ingredients, except oil and parmesan, into a blender.
- Beat for 2 minutes until the mixture is homogenized.
- Finally, add olive oil and parmesan.
- Beat a little more to homogenize the mixture and then the pesto is ready.
- Put the pasta of your choice in a bowl, add the pesto and stir.
- Decorate with small motsarela balls, cherry tomatoes, pumpkin seeds and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.