I prepare lunchbox for work and i make groats, a delicious and healthy cereal, which I combine with spinach and sausage to enhance its flavor.
- 500 gr groats
- 300 gr fresh spinach
- 1 rustic sausage, cut into thin slices
- 500 gr white mushrooms, Champignon type
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 100 gr feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Salt and Pepper (at will)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- A little olive oil for sauteing (about 1 tablespoon)
- Boil the groats according to the instructions of the package
- Cut the sausage into thin slices.
- Put the slices of sausage with some olive oil in a non-stick pan and saute them with the mushrooms.
- Then add the groats and spinach.
- With a wooden spoon mix well.
- Salt pepper as desired and add spices and herbs.
- Cook in low heat until the spinach loses all its liquids.
- Then remove from the heat, add the pesto of sun-dried tomato and mix thoroughly.
- Add the feta cheese and serve.