It’s the traditional ‘salted caramel’ that you will find so expensive in the supermarket, but you could make it, in minutes, in your own kitchen!
- 250 gr granulated sugar
- 170 gr margarine with butter (at room temperature, cut into cubes)
- 240 ml of heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Melt the sugar at moderate-high temperature in a non-stick pan.
- Stir until all of the sugar melts.
- Once the sugar turns 'orange', add the butter and beat it vigorously.
- Continue to stir until all the butter is melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly pour in the cream, while stirring vigorously.
- The caramel will propably rise again, so be careful!
- Beat until all the cream is incorporated and then add salt.
- Let the salted caramel aside to cool down for 15 minutes.