Today i’m making a creative leek pie. It’s purely greek but playful, with leek sausage.
- 12 phyllo sheets
- 1 dry onion
- 3 leeks
- 3 spring onions
- 3 tablespoons herbs (oregano, mint, basil), finely choped
- 250 gr feta cheese
- 250 gr gruyere
- 2 eggs 250 gr leek sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- pepper, freshly ground
- olive oil, for the pastry sheets
- Dice the dry onion, and cut into thin slices the leeks and spring onions.
- Put 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet to burn.
- First saute the dry onion and then add leeks and spring onions.
- Saute until they wither and lose their liquids.
- As soon as they wither, remove them and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the grated cheese, eggs, herbs, paprika, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Cut the leek sausage into thin slices, put it in the bowl and mix.
- Grease well a round baking pan.
- At the base, put 2 phyllo sheets and grease them well.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture and put one more phyllo sheet.
- Oil it with a brush and repeat the same process for all the sheets.
- Once the phyllo and the mixture are finished, cut the surface with a sharp knife, without reaching at the bottom of the pan. This helps to cook thephyllo better and become crisp.
- Bake in a well preheated oven at 180 °C for 45 minutes or until it gets a nice golden color.