Today I played with a classic, family, savory cake recipe that my mom always loved to do when I was a young kid! I also added a sausage in the middle because any savory cake is better with a sausage in the middle.
- 4 eggs (organic, free-range)
- 300 g yoghurt
- 1½ cup grated parmesan or gruyere cheese
- 100 g butter at room temperature
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 3 cups flour self raising flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika (hot, sweet, smoked, whatever you want)
- 1 sausage
- Beat butter in a mixer until fluffy, add eggs one at a time and keep beating.
- Add the yogurt, cheese, peppers cut into cubes and, gradualy add, the flour sifted with a pinch of salt.
- Mix well and pour half of the cake mixture with peppers on a form floured and greased with butter, shaking it well so that the mixture is spread evenly.
- Put the sausage in half and then pour the remaining mixture of cake, shaking it again to spread evenly
- Bake the cake in preheated oven at 180 ° C for 50 minutes.