Mosaiko, a kind of chocolate log, is the most beloved Greek summer-time dessert. Today, using condensed milk, I prepare a simple, caramel version of the original recipe.
- GRAPEFRUIT CHOCOLATE SALAMI WHITE
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE SALAMI
- PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE DESSERT SALAMI RECIPE
- 400 ml condensed milk
- 100 g butter
- 360 g white chocolate couverture
- 450 g biscuits (Petit-Beurre, digestive or any other kind of your preference)
- 2 pinches of salt (optionally)
- Simmer the can of the condensed milk without opening it inside a pot with boiling water for 5-6 hours, until it has caramelized and has turned to Dulce de Leche.
- In a small pot over low heat, add the dulce de leche and the butter and allow 3-4 minutes until the butter has melted.
- Add the mixture from the small pot inside a bowl in which you have already added the white couverture, smashed into pieces.
- Fold with a rubber spatula until the white couverture has melted and all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add the salt.
- Smash the biscuits with your hands and add them to the bowl.
- Fold with a spatula until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the mixture to a sheet of parchment paper and wrap it in the shape of a log.
- Transfer to the fridge for 3 hours.
- Remove from the fridge, slice and serve it.