The healthier way to start your day with plenty of energy and not get hungry until noon!
We are in a time when we all get on with our diets. For me the important thing is not to measure calories but to measure the nutritional value of the ingredients you give to your body.
Turmeric is a root plant, derived from tropical South Asia. The main component of yellowish orange is curcumin, an active anti-inflammatory compound, proven by studies that helps fight many cancers.
It strengthens the immune system, it is anticoagulant, antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory.
- 15 ml honey or agave syrup if vegan, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) boiling water
- 200 ml plant milk (I like almond milk)
- 100 gr oats
- fresh fruit, for serving
- nuts, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the honey, turmeric, ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine, then stir in the boiling water to dissolve the honey.
- Stir in the almond milk.
- Add oats in a bowl.
- Pour the golden milk into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Chill overnight or up to 3 days.
- To serve, top with fresh fruit and nuts.