Thin, triangular sticks of baby zucchini are being crusted with a special mixture which contains an ingredient-surprise: the spicy cheese with the strange name “arseniko” that is a product of the island of Naxos. A finger food recipe that is suitable for summer nights-in and parties.
- ZUCCHINI SOUFFLÉ WITH SAUSAGE
- OVEN OMELET WITH ZUCCHINI AND GREEK ANTHOTYRO
- CHICKPEA AND ZUCCHINI FALAFEL
- 3 baby zucchinis
- 3 eggs
- Ground bread rusk (as much quantity as it will be needed)
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 150 g arseniko Naxou cheese, grated
- Cut the zucchinis to thin, triangular sticks.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- In another bowl, add the ground bread rusk, the paprika and pepper – as much as you want.
- In a third bowl, add the grated cheese.
- Toss the first zucchini over the egg, then over the ground bread rusk, then one more time over the egg, one more time over the ground bread rusk, one more time over the egg and, finally, over the cheese.
- Repeat the same procedure for all the sticks.
- Lay zucchinis inside a baking dish and cover it with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 160°C.
- The last 10 minutes remove the foil and allow the zucchinis to get some colour.