Today’s dough recipe is practically the recipe for a wholemeal pizza dough filled with your favorite ingredients.
IngredientsIngredients for the dough
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 8 g dry yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g wholemeal flour (it might need a bit more depending on the quality of the flour)
- Melt the sugar in lukewarm water and add the yeast. Allow the mixture to stand for 30 minutes.
- Add olive oil and salt.
- Then add the whole wheat flour slowly, slowly to make the dough.
- Remove the dough and work it on the counter top dusted with flour.
- Put the dough in an oil covered bowl and make sure it's covered in olive oil from all sides.
- Cover with a towel and allow to double in size for about 1 hour.
- Then divide the dough into two parts and give them another 45 minutes to rest. The second part can be saved in the freezer for up to three months.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and roll out the dough on a baking sheet in a round shape.
- Use a knife to cut the center of the round dough in a cross shape and then do an X that has the same center as the cross. What we do is here is to pull 8 lines from the center of the circle so to cut 8 concentric triangles
- Put the ingredients around the dough. First the tomato sauce, then cheese, peppers and the bacon at last/
- Close the dough inward and then pull the triangles that you have cut out, touching on the dough that we turned inward.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.