Today’s recipe is a fruity aromatic version of the carrot cake that becomes a little more interesting with the addition of hazelnut!
You can make it in small cake forms or muffins and of course in a regular cake form. The dosage results in 9 small cakes or 1 regular.
- 200 gr flour
- 100 gr hazelnut flour
- 240 gr almond milk
- 300 gr sugar
- 200 gr coconut oil
- 240 gr carrots, grated
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and butter the molds.
- In a large bowl ehisk together the flour, hazelnut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond milk, vanilla, sugar and oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients in the bowl with the liquid ingredients.
- Add the carrots to the mixture and stir until they are mixed.
- In case of baking a big cake, bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. For small cakes bake 20 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely. Even better, let it stand all night.
- Garnish with melted couverture and a little grated coconut.