Ι wanted to make this dessert since my early days of blogging! Today was the day to finally try it and bring it to the #coolartisan reality! It turns up to be a totally cool and velvet cream, completely smooth and refined! To achieve perfect results you should bake the cake in a rectangular baking pan like those we use to make horizontal tarts.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- For the base mix the butter into the flour and sugar.
- Mix with hands until it clings together.
- Press into rectangular pan
- Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For the filling, beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Pour over baked, cooled crust.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.