Easy homemade dough recipe for savory pies and tarts
- 325 gr. flour
- 175 gr. butter (in samlll pieces)
- 1 egg
- 30 gr. cold water
- 3 gr. salt
- 3 gr. sugar
- Mix flour, butter, salt and sugar in the mixer.
- Add egg and water until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put it in fridge before you can use it.
- You may save it in the freezer up to three months.
- Place dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out with a rolling pin, starting from the center of dough and press in all directions, until a round, uniform and 1/2 cm. thick pastry sheet takes form (it must be bigger than the tart case).
- Alternatively we can do it with our fingers in the tart case.
- Spread dough into tart case, making sure it touches on all sides.
- Cut the dough extending over the tart pan sides.
- At this point we can place dough in the freezer for a few hours.
How to pre-bake the dough
- Cover dough's surface with baking paper and place over lots of beans so it won't expand.
- Bake at 170ºC for 15 minutes, remove the beans and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Be careful not to over-knead the dough, so it can be light and crispy.
- Knead dough to the right thickness of about 1/2 cm. to make it crispy.
- After putting dough in the tart case you can put it in the freezer for a few hours to achieve the right baking
Tart dough left over for the next time
- Make it in ball shape and keep it in the freezer up to three months.
- Roll dough, cut it in different shapes and bake it like cookies.
- Finally, you can prepare the dough, put it in the tart case, cover it with cling film and put it in the freezer. Bake the tart for extra 10 minutes.