Today is the day for cooking an easy to make pasta with onions that you get caramelized the quick way. The traditional way to caramelize onions is by simmering (no sugar added), a procedure that lasts up to 2 hours. Today, nonetheless, you try the fast-forward version and get your onions caramelized with the aid of sugar and balsamic vinegar. Then, mix them with freshly boiled hilopites egg pasta and anthotyros cheese.
- VEAL WITH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
- BOLOGNESE AND CHEESE SAUCE CANNELLONI IN A POT
- PASTA WITH FIGS AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPE
IngredientsFor the caramelized onions
- 200 g onions cut to thin slices
- 20 ml olive oil
- 5 g sugar
- 20 ml balsamic vinegar
- 300 g hilopites
- 150 g anthotyros
- 50 g parmesan
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Bring a non-stick pan over medium to high heat.
- Pour inside the olive oil and sauté the onion, while continually mixing it using a wooden ladle.
- Season with salt up to your taste and keep on sautéing the onion until golden brown – at that time you add the sugar to the mix.
- Allow time to get the onion caramelized, cool it down using the vinegar and reduce the heat to low.
- Keep cooking until the vinegar is evaporated and the onion is properly cooked.
- Boil the hilopites according to packaging instructions.
- In a non-stick pan, allow the butter to melt.
- Add the pasta and the caramelized onions to the pan.
- Add 5-6 tablespoons of water (from the water you used to cook the hilopites).
- Add parmesan and chop inside the anthotyros cheese.
- Serve it hot.