Savory cakes have always been one of my “fetishes”, from the first I’ve ever tried (from the hands of my Greek mother) to what I eat today in expensive restaurants (instead of bread and butter).
The idea of “loaf” that instead of vanilla and cocoa has cheese and peppers, is one of the most imaginative solutions for breakfast or as an accompaniment to a formal table. On a Sunday table I had used it to accompany a simple salad with tomatoes and cucumber, creating a “very” impressive dish.
In today’s recipe the grated Grana Padano gives the special flavor. In collaboration with Grana Padano we run super a tasty competition at Instagram for 5 lucky ones who want to win a gift box with the authentic Italian Grana Padano.
Do you want to win a gift box filled with the flavors of Grana Padano? Click here, follow the steps and take part in my Instagram contest.
Lucky winners will have to receive their gift from the company’s offices.
- 100 gr Grana Padano, grated
- 350 gr flour for all uses
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 gr yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 100 gr melted butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon. thyme fresh, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary fresh, finely chopped
- zest from 1 lemon
- 50 gr black olives (fillets)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C in the air.
- In a bowl put the Grana Padano with the yoghurt, eggs, melted butter, thyme, rosemary, lemon zest, gruyere and mix well with a ladle. Add the mushrooms.
- In another bowl, put the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, mix and transfer to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly until the ingredients are homogenized and the mixture has bind together.
- Put the mixture in a 10x30 cm cake form and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, cut with a saw-knife and serve.