Quick and easy recipe for crispy mini apple pies with ingredients we almost always have at home.
- 1 phyllo dough packet
- 4 apples (2 red and 2 green) chopped in very small pieces
- 150 g. hazelnuts
- 150 g. blonde raisins soaked in a cup of sweet wine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- sunflower (for spreading)
- sesame and poppy seeds for sprinkling
- honey, lemon zest and extra sesame seeds for serving (optionally)
- Put raisins into wine until soak and swell. If we're in a hurry we can boil them in a saucepan with wine.
- Chop apples in small pieces and mix hazelnuts in a blender until coarsely grounded, not powdered.
- Drain raisins and mix them well with apples and cinnamon.
- If apples are very sweet I suggest you to put some lemon zest in the filling and optionally add 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds.
- Cut phyllo dough into 3 strips. Brush them carefully with sunflower and on the edge of each strip put 1 tbsp of filling.
- Fold making triangle mini pies. Dish pies on a baking pan, which lined with baking paper, and bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 20-25 minutes or until they get a nice gold color.
- Let them cool for some minutes and serve basting with honey, sesame and lenon zest.