In this amazing velouté soup, I combine a baked cauliflower purée with vegetables like leeks and garlic which bring its full taste out. Broth and cream give to the soup the appropriate fluidity, while truffle oil and sautéed mushrooms upscale this recipe to part of the haute gastronomie that you can easily prepare at your own kitchen.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 white onion cut into little cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 l broth
- 500 ml cream
- 150 gr parmesan cheese
- A bit of milk
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Truffle oil
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Spearmint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the cauliflower onto a baking sheet, pour on top of it a bit of salt and olive oil and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter inside a pan and sauté the garlic, the onion and the leeks.
- Add the cauliflower.
- Then pour the broth and a bit of milk.
- Boil for 20 minutes, pour in the cream and parmesan and then, using a hand blender, turn the mixture to a purée.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in soup bowls and decorate with sautéed mushrooms, yoghurt and spearmint leaves.
- Finally pour as much truffle oil as you like on top of it.