Meat lovers may polish their golden cutlery. There it follows a casserole pork recipe full of flavour and taste. You pour over juice of citrus fruits on top of the pork, season to taste and transfer it to oven. Gradually, you add baby potatoes, spices and other ingredients, while finally you create a feta cheese crust on top of it.
- CHRISTMAS PORK AND PLUMS RECIPE
- CHICKEN LOAF SLOW-COOKED WITH QUINCE AND POTATOES
- GIOUVETSI RECIPE (GREEK BEEF STEW WITH ORZO PASTA)
- 2 k pork (thigh) cut into medium pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 4 oranges (juice and their shells)
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 ½ k baby potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic (with its peel)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 oranges (their juice)
- 1 lemon (its juice)
- ½ of cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 200 g feta cheese (coarsely smashed)
- For the pork in the oven, remove the meat from the fridge and let it to come to room temperature (allow at least 1 hour). Pour over it the orange and lemon juice and zest. Season to taste. Add the rosemary and the orange shells to the casserole. Cover it with its lid. Bake at properly preheated oven at 200°C for 30 minutes.
- Put the baby potatoes (whole) in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except of the feta cheese and combine. Uncover the casserole and add the potatoes, the garlic with its peel and all of the liquid ingredients and the spices.
- Combine together the honey, the balsamic vinegar and the mustard. Using a brush, spread this mixture onto the meat, lower the temperature to 170°C and continue the baking for 2 hours until the skin of the meat is crispy and the potatoes are smooth.
- The final 20 minutes, uncover the casserole, add the feta cheese and let it crust on top of the meat and the potatoes.