This is a 2 in 1 recipe that combines the flavours of two of my favourite desserts: cheesecake and soft cookies. It is different, original, super-duper yummy and perfect for the time of when you have get bored of all the banal cheesecake recipes and you are looking for something new.
IngredientsFor the cookie dough
- 260 g all purpose flour
- 90 g cornflour
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 150 g brown sugar
- 100 g caster fine sugar
- 190 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ tablespoon of whole milk
- 400g dark chocolate chips
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- ¼ of a cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ of a cup cream fresh
InstructionsFor the cookie dough
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, the cornflour and the baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars until lightened and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add half the flour mix.
- Beat until just combined.
- Add the milk and the remainder of the flour and mix until it just starts to come together.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and give the mixture another beat until mixed through and the dough is clumping.
- Scatter half of the cookie dough in small clumps into the lined tin, then press down all over to flatten out and level.
- Beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until it is smooth and creamy. Two to three minutes should do it.
- Add the egg and beat properly.
- Add the vanilla and the cream and mix through until incorporated.
- Pour and spread the filling over the cookie base.
- Scatter the remaining cookie dough over the top of the cheesecake filling in very small clumps and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden on top and not much wobble left.
- If it is getting golden too quickly, you can cover it with foil for the last 20 minutes of cooking time.