Today’s recipe combines my love for sandwich with rustic bread and slightly modified recipe for beetroot salad. Know that the quality of bread can upgrade even the most humble ingredient! You do not have to repeat the same old “turkey-cheese” toast …
Tip: When you roast beetroots in the oven they are much more tasty than boiled!
- SAVORY PANCAKES WITH SWEET POTATOES
- TURMERIC LATTE RECIPE
- CHEESEPIES FILLED WITH EGG YOLKS
- AVOCADO AND EGG BURGER
IngredientsFor the beetroots:
- 2 beetroots, cleaned, washed and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 2 small cloves of garlic, crushed
- 100 gr. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 5-6 walnuts
- 20 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- salt at will
- 1 tbsp vinegar balsamic cream
- rustic bread
InstructionsFor the beetroots:
- Put the beetroots on aluminum foil.
- Pour it with olive oil, juice and lemon zest, salt and pepper and add thyme.
- Close the aluminum foil well and put it in the oven.
- Bake for one hour at 180 °C
- Pour the walnuts in a non-stick pan and roast them slightly over medium heat.
- Remove them, let them cool down and cut them or coarse them in the blender.
- In a middle bowl, beat the olive oil, vinegar, cream cheese, mayonnaise and garlic.
- Add salt at will.
- Dissolve the sauce with 2 or 3 tbsp. water, without stopping the mixing
- Pour the sauce over the beetroots, pour the nut and mix.
- We correct the taste with salt and serve, with rustic bread in a sandwich.