Light and cool! Today’s plate is ideal for an office meal or a quick-to-prepare dinner when you have returned home after work! It takes only 20 minutes to be prepared, it is not a carb bomb and yet it gets you feeling full!
- VEGAN QUINOA SALAD WITH AVOCADO AND PEPPERS RECIPE
- QUINOA BURGER WITH WHOLEGRAIN RICE
- QUINOA BURGERS RECIPE
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 100 g thinly cut vegetables of your own choice (carrot, baby zucchini, peppers of any colour, peas, corn)
- 100 g basil pesto
- 100 g yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ of a cucumber, cut into cubes
- 10 leaves of spearmint
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ of an avocado
- 50 g of feta cheese
- Bring to a boil the water, inside a large pot.
- Add the quinoa, the thinly cut vegetables and a bit of salt. Stir once and then allow them to get cooked.
- When the water has almost evaporated, remove the pot from the heat and allow the food to “dry”.
- When all of the water has evaporated, transfer to a large bowl.
- “Refresh” the quinoa and the vegetables by stirring them properly with a large ladle and then allow them to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the basil pesto and the zest of the lemon.
- Keep aside 2 tablespoons of the sauce yogurt-pesto and transfer the rest of it to the bowl with the quinoa.
- Add the cucumber.
- Thinly slice the spearmint and add it to the bowl.
- Mix properly.
- Boil each egg for 5 minutes and then cool it, peel it and cut it into halves.
- Peel the avocado and then thinly slice it.
- Put in the bottom of each bowl a portion of quinoa.
- Top it with the egg, the avocado, the feta cheese and a bit of the yogurt-pesto sauce you have kept aside.
- Optionally, garnish with spearmint leaves.