This dough expands sufficiently and can be used in many types of bakery. I used it for a pie with cheese, turkey and egg. You can use it in any recipe you’ve craving for!
- 1 wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup flour for all uses
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 30 g. fresh yeast or 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup tea lukewarm water (you may need more)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a bowl dissolve 1/2 cup of water with yeast and sugar and leave the mixture for about 3 minutes.
- In a larger bowl sift both of flours and salt. Mix well. Open a hole in the center and pour in oil and yeast.
- Knead really well until a tight dough (like bread's dough) and let it double its volume by covering it with a cotton damp towel.
- Roll dough with a roller in pan's size or divide dough in 10 balls for mini pies or pizzas.
- Oil a baking tray and place dough on. Drill the surface with a fork so dough expands uniformly.
- Place on your favorite ingredients and cook on the low rack at 200ºC for 30-35 minutes.