Simple, delicious and super festive soup for the christmas dinner!
- 3 leeks, sliced into thin coins
- 2 potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 10 chestnuts, boiled and cut in small cubes
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh thyme
- In a medium pot, add the butter, olive oil, onions and leeks. Sauté until softened.
- Add the potatoes, thyme, bouillon cube, ½ liter of water, salt and pepper. Boil for 20 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Add the heavy cream, chestnuts, zest and boil for another 1-2 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Transfer soup to a blender. You can also pass it through a sieve to make it even more creamy and velvety.