The ultimate green soup! Super, healthy and Festive
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup mint or basil leaves
- 1 kg fresh peas, shelled or frozen peas
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 50 ml coconut milk
- extra olive oil, for serving
- cream cheese, for serving
- smoked paprika, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onion softens. Stir often.
- Add the stock and boil. Add the mint or basil, curry, paprika, coconut milk and the peas. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook to 3 minutes or until the peas soften but still retain their vivid green color.
- Remove from heat and immediately beat with an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- You can also use a regular blender, but add the mixture in batches.
- As long as the soup sits in the hot pot it will keep losing its bright green color. So it is important to move quickly at this time.
- Serve in bowls. Top with olive oil, cream cheese and smoked paprika.