I don’t know if this has happened to you, to associate a food with a place or an age. It was around the closing years of the 2000 decade when a bunch of friends of mine and I, we were obsessed with the savoury tarts of a tiny resto -that does not exist anymore- in Gazi, situated close to the theatre of Sophia Spyratou. Since then, any time I prepare a tart like the one of the following super recipe with chicken, cheeses, vegetables and herbs, I sink into an intense feeling of being 20-something and I live this age again.
- JUST 4 INGREDIENTS SAVORY TART
- SAVORY METSOVONE CHEESE AND STRAWBERRY JAM TART
- PULLED PORK AND RICH BECHAMEL IN A TART
- 1 prebaked tart crust. Click here to see the recipe.
- 3 chicken thigh fillets sliced in little pieces
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 eggplant
- 200 g shredded kefalotyri cheese
- 200 g shredded graviera cheese
- 200 g yoghurt
- 3 sprigs of fresh oregano (leaves only)
- 3 sprigs of fresh spearmint (leaves only)
- 2 eggs
- Prepare the crust according to instructions you will find here.
- Cut all vegetables into cubes of 0.5 cm and then sauté them until soft.
- Cook the fillets in a non-stick pan greased with a bit of olive oil.
- Then thinly slice them.
- Inside a bowl, beat the eggs and the yoghurt and add the cheeses.
- Then add all ingredients and combine the mixture.
- Fill the prebaked tart crust up with the mixture.
- Bake in properly preheated oven for 45 minutes.