This recipe is perfect for the First of May and the whole strawberry season we are going through.
- 200 ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 vanilla pod, split lenghtways
- 50 g. caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 150 g. mascarpone
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- Place the milk and vanilla in a pot and bring slowly to the boil.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the caster sugar until light in colour.
- Sift in the flour and cornflour and whisk until well combined. Remove and discard the vanilla pod, then pour half the boiling milk into the yolk mixture, whisk well and return to the pot with the remaining milk.
- Bring to boil (it's best to do it over low heat), stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute to completely cook the flour.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a flat bowl to cool. Cover the surface with baking paper to prevent a skin forming. Leave to cool.
- When cool and ready mix in the mascarpone cheese with gentle moves.
- Transfer the pavs (carefully) to a dessert plate, dollop some pastry cream on top (note: whisk until smooth before using) and add strawberries.
- Do the same for all 3 layers.
- Serve immediately.