- 2 kg beef
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 peeled tomatoes, cut in cubes
- 1½ cups of chicken broth or water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup. tea dry red wine
- freshly ground pepper
- leaves of fresh herbs such as parsley, mint, basil and thyme
- Beef should be at room temperature to cook properly.
- Wash the beef and dab it with a napkin.
- Cut the garlic cloves into thin slices and open small “pockets” to the beef using a sharp knife so you can fit the garlic inside.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Cook every sides for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and spread it at the base of the pot.
- Add wine.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, tomatoes, spices, cinnamon, broth, wine, sugar.
- Once it reaches at the boiling point, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 2 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Season with salt towards the end of cooking.
- When the meat is well cooked, remove it to a platter.
- Cover it to keep it warm.
- Boil the sauce for a few minutes over medium-high heat, to become smooth.
- Cut into slices, serve on a platter and drizzle with the sauce.
- Serve with pasta of your choice! My favorite is spinach flavored.
- Serve with grated gruyere.
Serve With Love
Δοκίμασε τη συνταγή μου, ανέβασε φωτογραφία με hashtag #coolartisan και εγώ θα την κάνω repost εδώ