- 250 g. sugar
- 300 g. flour
- 10 eggs
Ingredients for the Syrup
- 150 g. sugar
- 150 g. water
- 50 g. strawberry liqueur
Ingredients for the cream
- 800 g. cream cheese
- 200 ml cream
- 250 g. caster sugar
- 9 drops of red food coloring
Setting up the cake
- Fresh strawberries
- 8 tablespoons strawberry jam
Directions for the Sponge Cake
- Beat eggs and sugar in mixer until fluffy, a process that takes at least 10 minutes, depending on the mixer.
- Sift the flour and add it to the beaten eggs, stirring gently with a marisa.
- Divide the mixture into three equal parts. Place them in buttered and floured pans (diam. 24 cm).
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 ° C for 20.
Directions for the Syrup
- Boil the water with the sugar for two minutes.
- Let it cool down and add the strawberry liqueur
Directions for the cream
- Beat the cream fresh in the mixer to make it thick.
- Add the cheese and icing sugar and continue beating for a few minutes until you have a homogenized cream.
- In a bowl, put 3 drops of red color and mix 5 tablespoons of the cream until you get a nice pink color.
- In another bowl put 6 drops of red color and mix 5 tablespoons of the cream cheese until you get a nice red color.
- Place the first cake as the first layer.
- Sprinkle with syrup, spread 4 tablespoons of jam and top with 1/3 of the white cream.
- Continue with the second sponge cake and repeat the same process: sprinkle with the syrup, spread 4 tablespoons of jam and top with 1/3 of the white cream.
- Finally add the third cake and sprinkle with syrup.
- To achieve the effect of the ombre look, cover the first sponge cake with the painted red cream cheese.
- Then cover the second sponge cake with the painted pink cream cheese and finally cover the third sponge cake with white cream cheese.
- Use a marisa to give the cake a nice round shape and mix the colors making it ombre!
- The technique of obre seems like abstract art at this point.
- Finally cover the top with the rest of the white cream and decorate with strawberries.
Serve With Love
Δοκίμασε τη συνταγή μου, ανέβασε φωτοραφία με hashtag #coolartisan και εγώ θα την κάνω repost εδώ