The herbs of the Aegean enrich with their aromas the favorite meat of the islanders. Rosemary and capers meet in a game of flavor, in a traditional recipe. It’s a dish that accompanies the joys and celebrations of all Greeks.
- 1 leg of lamb sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Juice of one lemon
- A little rosemary
- Sauté the lamb on both sides in olive oil, in a skillet
- Remove the lamb from the pan and saute the onion and the garlic.
- Add the flour and stir.
- Add wine and lemon juice.
- Add the capers, bay leaves and rosemary.
- Add two cups of water and stir.
- Put the lamb in a saucepan, cover with lid and place in preheated oven at 160 for two hours.
- This dish is traditionally served with fries and rice.