Going through a very old magazine (five years for sure, the title of which unfortunately I don’t know since the cover was cut) I discovered this recipe with the odd combination! The result of the Chocolate – Green Zucchini combination are very soft chocolate cookies, with a velvety texture and chocolate that melts in your mouth!
- 250 gr. butter, at room temperature
- 300 gr. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs medium size (100 gr.)
- 2 vanillas powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 gr. baking powder
- 5 gr. salt
- 275 gr. flour, all-purpose
- 110 gr. nuts, grated
- 200 gr. grated zucchini
- 100 gr. chocolate drops
- 60 gr. raisins
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C in air.
- Cover with greaseproof paper a rectangular pan dimensions: 25 x 35 cm and leave aside.
- Wash the zucchini, cut the edges and rub them at the coarse side of the grater.
- Pour into a colander, add salt and press with your hands to make all the liquid leave.
- Pour the nuts into a bowl and beat until they are crumbs.
- Place in a bowl the butter with the sugar and beat with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, beat a little more and then add the zucchini.
- In a bowl add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, mix well and then add to the zucchini mixture.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and then add to the mixture.
- Finally add the grated nuts, chocolate chips and raisins and mix with a spatula.
- Take spoonfuls of the dough and arrange them in the pan.
- Make enough distance between the cookies because they will rise during baking.
- Bake the cookies in the middle rack of the oven at 180 °C for 15-20 minutes, until the edges get a nice golden color.
- Once removed from the oven transfer then to a wire rack to cool down.
TIP 1: Repeat the same procedure for the whole mixture. It makes about 27 cookies and you will need to do the baking process 3 times.
TIP 2: You may leave the dough in the fridge for 2 days covered with membrane.