- 4 medium sized apples
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg, whisked (for egg wash)
- Slice off tops of apples. Using a small, sharp knife, hollow out the center of the apples, leaving about 1/4- 1/2 inch on the sides. Save the flesh to be used for filling.
- Dice the removed apple flesh into small cubes. You should have about 1 cup worth when you are done. Make sure not to include seeds, skin, or any of the core.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- In a small pot on stove, combine 1 cup diced apples, cornstarch mixture, cinnamon and white sugar and cook for about 5 minutes until apples are soft and syrup is brown and thick.
- Add apple pie filling to each of the hollowed out apples.
- Slice pie crust into 1/2 inch wide strips, long enough to be laid across the surface of the apple with a little extra hanging off of each side.
- Lay about 3 strips on the apple and then take 3 more strips and weave with strips already in place.
- Brush pie crust with whisked egg wash.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until crust is golden and apples are softened.
- Drizzle with salted caramel sauce and top with ice cream if desired.
Serve With Love
Δοκίμασε τη συνταγή μου, ανέβασε φωτοραφία με hashtag #coolartisan και εγώ θα την κάνω repost εδώ