This is a fantastic combination of octopus and pasta.
- PASTA WITH MEAT BALLS RECIPE
- VEAL WITH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
- HOT DOG SPAGHETTI WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
- 1 octopus
- 1 packet of pasta (of your own choice)
- 80 ml of olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly chopped
- 1 water glass of sweet wine from Samos
- 500 g tomatoes, grated
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Slice through the head membrane of the octopus and turn the pocket inside out to pull all the innards away.
- Wash it properly and put it inside a strainer to dry off.
- Put a large non-stick pan over high heat and once it’s hot add the octopus.
- The octopus shrinks and releases its juices.
- Place the lid on top and reduce the heat.
- Allow the octopus to be cooked in its own juices.
- Once it has absorbed all of its liquids and it has completely smoothed, remove it from the pot and slice it into small pieces.
- Add the olive oil in the pot, bring it to a heat and sauté the onion.
- Then add the octopus.
- Sauté it for a while and then cool it with the wine.
- Once the alcohol has evaporated add the grated tomatoes, the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper.
- Once it has been brought to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium and cover with lid.
- Simmer for around half an hour.
- Then, boil the pasta in another pot with salted water until al dente.
- Dry them off, keeping aside a bit of the salted water and then transfer them to the pot with the octopus.
- Add some of the water that you have kept aside and boil until the sauce has set.