The easiest cake imaginable with very simple materials and super flavor that will make every sweet tooth happy!
I make it with wafers instead of sponge cake, to make it even easier for anyone who wants to make a homemade cake, but don’t have the time (or patience) to make the sponge cake!
I also use condensed milk which boil for 3 hours in order to make Dulce de leche, which is caramelized milk! Because it is a process that lasts several hours, I prefer to make a lot of boxes together in a saucepan, to use whatever I want for a recipe and the rest I store in the refrigerator for the next recipe!
IngredientsFor the chocolate cream:
- 450 gr heavy cream 35% fat, (whipped in the mixer in a thick form like yoghurt) 225 gr chocolate 50% -55% cocoa, cut into small pieces
- 800 gr condensed milk (2 packages)
- 500 gr wafers
- 50 gr peanuts (optional for decoration)
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Transfer it to another clean bowl, pour the cream and mix gently with a spoon or silicone spatula.
- Simmer the sweetened milk for 3 hours with the box closed in a pot of water. (Or put it in a pressure cooker for only 1 hour).
- Be careful,it should not boil too much so the box in the water won't shake.
- The boxes should be covered with water throughout the course of boiling and if necessary add water.
- After the end of the boil, remove them and leave them to cool before opening them.
- In a rectangle hoop or Pyrex lay wafers at the base.
- Spread evenly half of the dulce de leche and with the help of a spatula we straighten it. (Optionally sprinkle over pistachios)
- Continue with the wafers and add the chocolate cream.
- Continue with the remaining wafers and finally cover with dulce de leche.
- Decorate with peanuts. (Optionally)
- Leave the cake in the refrigerator for 5 hours.