Our favourite Hellmann’s, the number 1 mayonnaise in the world, is now available in the Hellmann’s Vegan Mayo Sauce version! It is made with no eggs and no preservatives and, moreover, it is gluten free, super yummy and 100% suitable for vegans. Even if you are not a vegan, it worth a try for its delicious taste, while its composition makes it ideal for this period of the year, especially if you are into a detox or a more light diet, preparing your body -like everybody else- for hitting the beach!
A spoon of it is enough to give taste to the simplest toast or for setting any kind of hot or cool sauce, giving to it a creamy taste. Today, I use it in two ways in my recipe for vegan red beans burgers: as a spread for the slightly fried buns and as a secret ingredient that makes my patties more than delicious! In the recipe that follows, the ingredients are enough for 4 burgers.
IngredientsFor the burgers
- 300 g red beans
- 1 spring onion
- 1 onion
- 2 baby zucchinis
- ½ of a sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 100 g oats
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Hellman’s Vegan Mayo Sauce
- 4 burger buns
- 8 tablespoons of Hellman’s Vegan Mayo Sauce
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce
InstructionsFor the burgers
- Coarsely grate the onion, the zucchinis and the sweet potato.
- Blend the oats in a blender until it has turned to powder.
- Add the two tablespoons of Hellmann’s Vegan Mayo Sauce and the rest of the ingredients and blend until they are evenly distributed. Depending on the size capacity of your blender, you may need to do this twice.
- Transfer to a bowl and shape into four patties.
- Transfer to the fridge to set up for half an hour.
- Grease with a small quantity of olive oil a non-stick pan and bring it to medium heat.
- Add the burgers and cook them for 4 minutes on each side.
- Slice the buns and fry them, cut side down, until browned.
- Spread on them the Hellmann’s Vegan Mayo Sauce and then add the iceberg lettuce, the burger and, finally, the tomato.
- Set bun tops in place and serve hot.