Super easy, vegan bars to start your day with energy.
- 150 gr dates (pitted, preferred variety medjool dates)
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (if you want it to be vegan)
- 50 gr goji berries
- 50 gr walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 50 gr pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 50 gr almonds, coarsely chopped
- 50 gr sunflower seeds, coarsely chopped
- 50 gr sesame seeds
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 160 gr oat flakes
- 50 gr dark chocolate couverture, melted in a double boiler
- Cut the dates into pieces, mash them in a blender and then put them in a bowl.
- Squeeze the orange and pour the juice into the bowl with the dates, add honey (or maple syrup) and mix well.
- Pass the nuts from the blender chop them coarsely.
- Bake the nuts in the oven at 180 °C for 7 minutes.
- Put the nuts in the same bowl and mix well with the fork.
- Add the orange zest, cinnamon and goji berries
- Mix well and add the oats.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well to fully incorporate oats into the mixture.
- Spread a greaseproof paper on a baking tray put into the mixture and spread well (Use a roller for convenience).
- Cover the mixture with greaseproof paper and put in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- At the end, pour the melted chocolate with a spoon, cut into pieces and keep refrigerated.