Mushrooms a la creme is one of the most delicious childhood memories dishes! It was one of my favorite meals (after the french fries and carbonara).
Now that milenials sent the heavy cream in the distant past, ignoring all the beautiful moments that has given us, the classic recipes need a modern twist and vegan status.
So the favorite mushrooms a la creme pass in the second phase with a vegan cheesy sauce, and become a perfect choice for lunch box.
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 700 gr brown mushrooms sampinion
- 50 gr dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 100 gr potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 100 gr sweet potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 50 gr carrots, cut into large cubes
- 80 gr cashews (soaked for at least 5 hours or better for the whole night)
- 70 ml water
- 40 gr olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (if fresh even better!)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- a little cayenne
- Boil potatoes and carrots until they are softened.
- "Grind" the cashews to the high speed blender, until it becomes a creamy paste.
- Beat the potatoes and carrots along with the rest of the ingredients in the high speed blender, until the «cheese» cream becomes extremely smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Soak the 50 gr porcini mushrooms in 100 ml of warm water.
- Cut the onion into small cubes and garlic in thin slices.
- In a non-stick pan, put 1 tablespoon of olive oil to burn.
- Then add the onion and garlic and saute them, until they become transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and sauté.
- Pour the porcini (along with the water) and simmer until the liquids evaporate.
- Finally, add the cream, mix and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.