Puff pastry filled with rich chocolate cream and yet its vegan!
- 300 gr granulated sugar
- 1 lt almond milk
- 250 gr fine semolina
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons raw cocoa powder
- 30 gr margarine
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- icing sugar
- ground cinnamon
- In a pot, add the sugar and almond milk. Place over low heat and whisk until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Then add the semolina, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Whisk until the custard thickens.
- When ready, remove from heat and add the margarine and baking powder. Whisk to incorporate and set custard aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Fan.
- Spread the puff pastry sheets on a working surface and gently roll out to straighten.
- Place a non stick paper on a pan and spread the sheet of puff pastry on the bottom. Gently press down with your hands to spread it evenly.
- Spread the custard over it evenly. Sprinkle with coconut and cinnamon.
- Roll the puff pastry to form a nice roll.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow pie to cool.
- Place custard pie on a wooden board and cut into equal sized pieces.
- Dust with icing sugar and cinnamon.