Over the past week I received all so many requests on my instagram account (@gabnikolaidis) for some good carrot cake. I already have posted a super tasty carrot cake recipe (you may check it here) but I decided to come up with a new vegan version of it.
In my opinion this one tastes even better and stays fresh for more that 4 or 5 days.
IngredientsFor the Cake
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 250 gr flour
- 240 gr almond Milk
- 300 gr sugar
- 200 gr coconut oil
- 240 gr grated carrots
- 215 grams vegan margarine (lactose free)
- 260 grams confectioners sugar
- 24 ml almond milk
- ¾ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 3 round baking pans (15 cm diameter).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vanilla, sugar and oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the carrots and stir until just combined.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before frosting. Better to leave it overnight
For the Frosting
- Transfer the margarine to a medium mixing bowl and whip on low while working your way up to high until it is smooth. This should take about 30 seconds.
- Add the confectioners sugar and beat on high until the sugar has been moistened, about another 30 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl down towards the center with a spatula.
- Add the non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, salt, almond extract and beat on high until the frosting is smooth and slightly fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Place it in the fridge to firm up.