There are hundreds of ways to make vegan burger! Today I try an alternative without legumes, but with soy mince!
Since I learned to make vegan cheddar melt I started experimenting with various recipes that can have this magical spread! Today I made these very easy burgers and they took off with the “right” spread!
IngredientsIngredients for 5 burgers:
- 200 gr soybean minced meat
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, finely chopped (e.g. oregano, peppermint, parsley)
- 200 gr oats, ground into powder
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked
- 30 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bread for 1 burger
- 1 burger
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 slice lettuce
- 1 thin slice onion
- 2 tablespoons vegan cheddar melt (See the recipe here)
- First prepare the soy mince according to the instructions of the package. (Usually needs boiling, straining and to come at room temperature.)
- Finely grate the vegetables.
- Add the vegetables, stir, and then add spices, lemon zest and oil.
- Add the oats and knead the mixture by hand. Once all the materials are homogenized, cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Shape into patties and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a well preheated oven at 180 ° C for 40-50 minutes.
- When they get color on the one side, turn them over.
- Toast the bread. If there isn't a toaster available, bake it in a hot pan for 3 minutes.
- Spread a tablespoon of vegan cheddar melt, add the burgers and continue with an onion slice and tomato.
- Close and serve.